Friday, July 27, 2012

Kale Quinoa Salad

So not to be a total trendy cliche', but I am really into kale right now.

I'm also really into quinoa.

I like to think I'm ahead of the curve because I've been into both for a while now, but since both kale and quinoa are so whole-foods-trendy, I thought I would share this super simple kale quinoa salad recipe.




Paired with an Amy's veggie burger and some avocado, there is almost no more perfect meal.

It's also super easy to incorporate whatever other veggies you have lying around. I used some green bell pepper that I bought on the at the local market as well as some zucchini from the garden :)

Kale Quinoa Salad
Serves 2
  • 1/2 bell pepper
  • 1/2 small zucchini
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 cup cooked quinoa
  • 2 tsp curry powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 Tbsp agave
  • 1 tsp liquid smoke
  • 1 large bunch kale, chopped
  • 1/4 cup white wine (or veggie broth)


To prepare: Sautee bell pepper, zucchini and garlic in the coconut oil over low heat for 4-5 minutes.

Add quinoa, spices, agave and liquid smoke and stir all ingredients together. Cover and let the flavors all blend together for an additional 3-4 minutes.

Finally, add the chopped kale and white wine. Stir all ingredients together and allow the kale to cook down until bright green. You don't want it to become soggy so watch it carefully! Stir as necessary.

Remove from heat and enjoy immediately! (I tossed mine with some fresh yellow cherry tomatoes as well to add a little texture). Add additional seasoning as necessary.


Beautiful! Healthy and satisfying :)


Live long and prosper! And eat your superfoods!

No comments:

Post a Comment