But regardless of the faux-holiday inspiration - this coleslaw is bomb and can be made any time of the year!
We have a bunch of italian parsley growing like weeds in the garden so I've been trying to incorporate it as much as possible. It gives the slaw a bright, fresh taste and combining that with the Amy's light goddess dressing and a kick of dried herbs means this slaw is not only healthy but tastes great on almost anything :)
- 1/2 head of green (or purple!) cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 handfuls of parsley (Italian if you have it), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Amy's "Lite" Goddess Dressing
- 1 Tbsp Vegenaise or other vegan mayo substitute
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
Add all ingredients to a bowl and toss until fully combined!
Best when served immediately but because this slaw isn't as runny as some others, it also makes great leftovers :)
Live long and prosper! And happy (late) Cinco de Mayo!!!