10.5 mile run from Sellwood to downtown, across the steel bridge and back.
Felt pretty good but I was really bored for like the first 40 minutes. I hate that feeling - it's tough to start long runs sometimes. Even though it was BEAUTIFUL outside I was just bored for the first 5 miles or so. Ugh.
I averaged around an 8.5 minute mile which was great - I'm right where I need to be and my second half was faster than my first. The last couple miles were a little rough - my hips were sore but I finished strong.
Nothing like a good, tiring run on superbowl Sunday.
2/6 - Monday
Easy cardio recovery day
- 5 miles on the stationary bike (about 22 minutes)
- 35 minutes on the stair stepper at 150 steps per minute
Finished out the workout with some serious crunches and push-ups and V-sits. Just mixed it up until my core felt nice and taxed.
Stretched a bit and then felt ready to face the day!
2/7 - Tuesday
6.5 mile interval run
- Mile 1: 6.5 speed warm-up at 0 incline
- Mile 2: 6.5 speed at 3 incline
- Mile 3: 7.5 speed at 0 incline
- Mile 4: 6.5 speed at 3 incline
- Mile 5: 7.5 speed at 0 incline
- Mile 6: 7 speed at 0 incline
- Mile 6.5: 6.5 speed at 0 incline
Short but hard cardio
- 2 miles on the treadmill - .5 incline increasing speed from 7-8
- 25 minutes on the stair stepper at 155 steps per minute
- 500 meter row for time (2 minutes!)
- 3 X 20 kettlebell swings (15 lb weight)
- Alternating with 3 X 20 squat thrusters (15 lb weights)
5 mile easy treadmill run - planned to do strength later but had the craziest day ever and ended up staying in the law review suite working on my law review assignment until 8pm instead :(
2/10 - Friday
- 2 miles on the treadmill as fast as I could go (no incline, took not quite 16 minutes total)
- 5 miles on the stationary bike as fast as I could go (8 resistance) (about 18:30)
- 30 minutes on the stair stepper at 160 steps per minute
Followed it up with an ab circuit including reverse sit-ups, 150 crunches, plank w/raised legs and some V-sits. Good stuff.
2/11 - Saturday
AM - 5.5 mile run FAST. Pushing pace on hills and going a little easier on flats. Felt awesome!
PM - 30 minutes on the stair stepper at 160 steps per minute.
Strength workout - arms and chest followed by an ab circuit
Total weekly mileage: 30.5
Another one bites the dust!