Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Training Log Sunday 2/5 - Saturday 2/11

2/5 - Sunday
10.5 mile run from Sellwood to downtown, across the steel bridge and back.

Felt pretty good but I was really bored for like the first 40 minutes. I hate that feeling - it's tough to start long runs sometimes. Even though it was BEAUTIFUL outside I was just bored for the first 5 miles or so. Ugh.

I averaged around an 8.5 minute mile which was great - I'm right where I need to be and my second half was faster than my first. The last couple miles were a little rough - my hips were sore but I finished strong.

Nothing like a good, tiring run on superbowl Sunday.

2/6 - Monday
Easy cardio recovery day
  • 5 miles on the stationary bike (about 22 minutes)
  • 35 minutes on the stair stepper at 150 steps per minute
I found out today that apparently the reason I always have trouble getting the stair steppers to start in the morning is because I'm too light. Hmm. Too light? I am 99% sure that is a design flaw. Regardless, it is getting really annoying to have to ask the nearest heavier person (always a guy - how cliche') to get on the machine started when I'm the first one to use it.

Finished out the workout with some serious crunches and push-ups and V-sits. Just mixed it up until my core felt nice and taxed.

Stretched a bit and then felt ready to face the day!

2/7 - Tuesday
6.5 mile interval run
  • Mile 1: 6.5 speed warm-up at 0 incline
  • Mile 2: 6.5 speed at 3 incline
  • Mile 3: 7.5 speed at 0 incline
  • Mile 4: 6.5 speed at 3 incline
  • Mile 5: 7.5 speed at 0 incline
  • Mile 6: 7 speed at 0 incline
  • Mile 6.5: 6.5 speed at 0 incline
2/8 - Wednesday
Short but hard cardio
  • 2 miles on the treadmill - .5 incline increasing speed from 7-8 
  • 25 minutes on the stair stepper at 155 steps per minute
  • 500 meter row for time (2 minutes!)
  • 3 X 20 kettlebell swings (15 lb weight)
    • Alternating with 3 X 20 squat thrusters (15 lb weights)
2/9 - Thursday

5 mile easy treadmill run - planned to do strength later but had the craziest day ever and ended up staying in the law review suite working on my law review assignment until 8pm instead :(

2/10 - Friday
  • 2 miles on the treadmill as fast as I could go (no incline, took not quite 16 minutes total)
  • 5 miles on the stationary bike as fast as I could go (8 resistance) (about 18:30)
  • 30 minutes on the stair stepper at 160 steps per minute
This cardio circuit killed me. It was over an hour and I haven't sweat that much in a long time.

Followed it up with an ab circuit including reverse sit-ups, 150 crunches, plank w/raised legs and some V-sits. Good stuff.

2/11 - Saturday
AM - 5.5 mile run FAST. Pushing pace on hills and going a little easier on flats. Felt awesome!

PM - 30 minutes on the stair stepper at 160 steps per minute.
Strength workout - arms and chest followed by an ab circuit


Total weekly mileage: 30.5

Another one bites the dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment