Sunday, January 29, 2012

Training Log Sunday 1/22 - Saturday 1/28

1/22 - Sunday
9 Mile Run!

Woo! Longest in the training session so far :) Felt great, especially since it was raining and cold out.

Didn't feel any kind of discomfort or irritation - all that base training is paying off! Plus I felt so good by the end that when I had like 2 miles to go and one of my favorite songs came on ("Bass Down Low" by the Cataracs) I literally booked it for the entirety of the song.

Yes!

1/23 - Monday
Easy cardio and easy strength
  • 25 minutes elliptical
  • 25 minutes stair stepper
 Arms!
  • 500 meter row for time
  • 3 X 10 bicep curls on incline bench (15 lbs)
    • Alternating with over-head tricep press (15 lbs)
  •  3 X 10 Chest press (22.5 lbs)
1/24 - Tuesday
Got up early to go to the gym. Didn't want to so I went after class instead.
  • 5 miles, broken up a little bit. Feeling kind of tired so I just went with the pace my body felt like going which was slightly slower than my usual.

1/25 - Wednesday
  • 25 minutes eliptical
  • 20 minutes treadmill - easy easy (2.25 miles)
  • 30 minutes stair climber
1/26 - Thursday
  • 45 minutes on the stationary bike (Fast!)
  • 20 minutes on the stair stepper (135 steps per minute)
1/27 - Friday
HIIT run today! - 7 miles total (on the treadmill)
  • Mile 1: 6.5 speed, .5 incline
  • Mile 2: 6.5 speed, 3.5 incline
  • Mile 3: 7.5 speed, 0 incline
  • Mile 4: 6.5 speed, 3.5 incline
  • Mile 5: 7.5 speed, 0 incline
  • Mile 6: 7.0 speed, 0 incline
  • Mile 7: 6.5 speed, .5 incline
Felt really really good! Very happy :)

Also did a PM workout because I really needed to do some strength!
  • 20 minutes stair stepper (150 steps per minute)
  • 500 meter row for time (2:05)
  • 3 X 15 kettle bell swings (15 lbs)
    • Alternating with 3 X 10 squat thrusters (15 lbs)
  • 100 reverse sit-ups with hip-ups (each sit-up/hip-up combo is one)
Then I went out dancing! I don't know whose idea that was but needless to say my legs are KILLING me as I write this on Saturday!

1/28 - Saturday
    Legs were super sore today but Colin convinced me to do some core work.
    • 20 minute warm-up on the stationary bike
    • (High) standing trunk rotation tower machine - 3 X 15 on each side (17.5 lbs)
    • (Low) standing trunk rotation tower machine - 3 X 15 on each side (17.5 lbs)
    • (Medium) standing trunk rotation tower machine - 3 X 15 on each side (17.5 lbs)
    • Standing reverse V-pull - on tower machine 3 X 10 (10 lbs)
    Then we did a 3-part medicine ball workout that targeted the core and it was brutal.

    Ended w/150 crunches (100 middle, 25 each side)

    Woo!

    Weekly Mileage: 23

    Tip for the Week: Half the battle of working out is your mental state. Studies show that people are nearly always able to out perform their personal expectations when put in the right situation.

    Remember that - it's mental as much as physical!

    Now get going!

      No comments:

      Post a Comment